Friday, February 4, 2011

So.....

I wanted to add a quick side note to my acceptance blog.

I have been very blessed in my life. While we all go through difficulties it does not mean that we are not grateful or happy. Praying, (how often do we look to God for help and answers) writing (why do so many keep a journal?), talking (friends!!!) and thinking about both the good and the bad, I believe to be both a natural and necessary process. I don´t think anyone can claim that they had all the answers from the get go, or that they did not slam into a few bumps in the road on the way to finding them. The feelings that I wrote about not being blond enough and so on were my opinions entirely at some point in time. Although I really am too short for modeling in theory. I write this with a smile on my face because I was in fact working for a modeling agency and questioned why. For me it only proves that most often we tend to stand in our own way. Human nature is often contradictory. How often has it happened that others might tell us we look great but unless we feel it we have a hard time accepting it? Yet we would not want to hear them say anything negative either.

Secondly I  am very proud of where I am from yet for a long time I thought we had to identify with one particular place. But I felt at home everywhere and I  identified with more then just one place.
Until this day I can never give a simple answer of where I am from.
I always say "I was born in Sweden, my dads Italian and my mothers Hungarian". Often people get confused by my answer however if I ever shared in that confusion myself I don´t anymore. My blog is about that journey, those doubts, questions and all the other factors that helped me realize that I belong everywhere which to me is both mind boggling and amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    You maybe a citizen of this world but you were designed in another. The greatest mistake one could make is taking you for face value, for deep inside is a treasure trove of hidden gems. You have an art for language that goes beyond the surface, which allows you to paint a picture on the page. What is that picture you may ask? It's you. The beauty is that you don't wear masks or put on a show. Yup! The well within you is deep and refreshing..it's completely honest! It's a gift, a God given gift...and it would be a sin to waste it. I'm eager to see where this journey takes you. Never stop pursuing what you will find with the next stroke of your pen...There is more to be written and vastness to be discovered my beloved friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love your blog and your thoughts. They really speak to me. I was just wondering what you have studied, where you have lived and why, where you found yourself and career and how you found your man and eventually started a family with him. Those stories are always so fascinating to hear! I wish you to have a magnificent week! Xx

    ReplyDelete